Like many of you, I too have been watching American politics very closely these days. I'm not watching because I have a vested interest, though being the neighboring country to the north, we probably should all have a vested interest technically. The reason I'm watching though is to see the circus unfold.
I can't believe a man like Donald Trump is the best American politics has to offer. Really?? Here you have a man who has been incredibly successful, even though many would argue that he inherited a small fortune, and has had many failures in his business life. Let's face it, he's rich. One thing is for sure, he's not running for President for the money. That being said, this guy is a complete power freak.
Let's just talk a second about one of his last town halls, where he encouraged violence and offered to pay for any perpetrator's legal bills. Is this the would-be President they are all talking about? Am I the only Canadian thinking Americans (at least some of them) have completely lost their mind.
Now hang on, in their defense Americans are really "angry" these days. I don't know if I should laugh or cry. I'm angry too, about a lot of things, but when anger gets the best of us it causes us to do incredibly stupid things, and make incredibly stupid choices.....like voting for a guy like Trump.
So here's my analysis thus far on the American Election 2016:
- Trump's best genius, is his ability to act like a total idiot. Subsequently, this has suckered many Americans into worshiping at the Trump alter.
- Americans are not thinking clearly and many of them have lost their minds...apparently.
- Laugh if you will, but being Canadian right now, I wouldn't be caught dead going to the States at the moment. Good Lord, I might be mistaken for an immigrant and "taken out" by some crazy ass Trump supporter.
- I think anyone comparing Canadian politics with American politics when it comes to Trump is completely and utterly delusional.
- I've never been more proud to live in Canada and be Canadian.
- The American so-called "dream" is quickly becoming a "nightmare"!
There you have it. That's my "2 cents" as they say. In closing I'd like to wish my neighbors to the south the best of luck. If Trump wins the election they are all going to need it. As Rick Mercer recently pointed out, if Trump wins the American election followed by Kevin O'Leary becoming our Prime Minister, I'm not going to look for another country to live in, I'm going to look for another planet!!!